Terms & Conditions
1. Thomson Reuters (Professional) Australia Limited ABN 64 058 914 668 (cvMail) takes no responsibility for the content of users' applications. cvMail acts as a mail service, and as such, it delivers users' applications to the organisations they have applied to and will not view such data, except at a user's request or at the request of the organisation to whom a user has applied. cvMail will not edit an application. It is a user's responsibility to ensure all details are accurate and complete at the time of applying.
2. cvMail will not be liable for any loss or damages (including direct, indirect, consequential, incidental and exemplary):
- in the event that this site is unavailable to users (by virtue of interruption, suspension or termination) for any reason, including due to computer or communications link downtime attributable to malfunction, upgrades or preventative or remedial maintenance activities;
- which may be suffered or incurred or which may arise directly or indirectly in respect of services supplied by cvMail;
- arising from the misuse of users' passwords and log in codes. Users agree to notify cvMail if their password is lost, stolen, disclosed to an unauthorised third party, or otherwise compromised. Users agree that they are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under their account;
- caused by a failure to complete an application;
- if a candidate is not given, or does not obtain a job for any reason including if this is due to a deficiency or inaccuracy in the site attributable to a lack of maintenance of the site or due to the accuracy, sufficiency or otherwise of a user's application.
3. These terms and conditions are subject to warranties and liabilities that cannot by law be disclaimed. cvMail's liability for any breach of any such condition or term is limited to, at cvMail's option, supply of the services again, or the payment of the cost of supplying the services again.
4. Users warrant that all information they provide on the site is accurate, does not breach any law or the rights of any person.
5. Users grant cvMail an irrevocable, world-wide sub-licensable licence to reproduce, distribute and otherwise use the contents of users' applications, to enable cvMail to provide this service. Users acknowledge that their applications may be forwarded to jurisdictions other than where the users themselves currently reside to enable the provision of this service by cvMail.
6. Subject to users retaining ownership of the content of users' own applications, users may not sell or modify the material or reproduce, display, distribute, or otherwise use the material on this site in any way for any public or commercial purpose without the prior written authorisation of cvMail.
7. Users may not copy or adapt the code or software that cvMail creates to generate its pages.
8. Users may not 'frame' or 'mirror' any materials or third party content contained on or accessible from the cvMail site on any other server or internet based device without the prior written authorisation of cvMail.
9. Users warrant that they have not relied on any representation made by cvMail which has not been expressly stated in these terms and conditions, or upon any descriptions, illustrations or specifications contained in any document including publicity material produced by cvMail.
10. On lodging material, users indemnify Thomson Reuters (Professional) Australia Limited ABN 64 058 914 668 and their officers, employees and agents against any claim, demand, injury, direct or indirect damage, loss or cost, liability, right of action or claim for compensation in contract, under statute or in tort (including negligence) made against or suffered by any of those indemnified arising, in whole or in part, as a result of a user's application, or any activity that is expressed in these terms and conditions to be the responsibility of the user, or arising from a breach of these terms and conditions.
11. cvMail does not monitor users' data or transmissions, but does actively monitor accounts for system utilisation. Upon any breach of this agreement, or inappropriate use of cvMail services as determined by cvMail in its sole discretion, cvMail's preferred course of action will be to advise users of their inappropriate use or breach of this agreement and recommend any necessary corrective action. However, cvMail reserves the right to terminate a user's registration in these circumstances.
12. These terms and conditions are subject to change at the sole discretion of cvMail.
13. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England. The parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts exercising jurisdiction there.
v 1.2 02/13